Monday 7 January 2013

Sad Notes on My Life


So to start off, I speak for myself as I imagine most teenagers sucked in by our throw-away society of greed and the lust for material possessions see themselves.
Ever since I was a young boy (younger than I already am, which by the way is 15) I have craved money, items and ‘better’ goods more and more. Being born in to a system like this gave me no hope of rising and resisting against our capitalist system, and so the tunnel vision I was born with just led to me feeding in to it.
As unfortunate as this is, this is how I imagine most youths of our western world were also brought up, and yet I don’t think even a quarter of them are ashamed of it, I mean, would you be? Being surrounded by the biggest and the best of the latest gadgets of today, would you even need to think of other people? I find it hard to comprehend what life would be like without money, because my life, and everyone’s life around me, is fuelled by money (minus the drunken homeless man sat near me on this bus trying to blow his cigarette smoke out of the window).
I once watched a comedy act on the television that I seem to remember I wasn’t allowed to watch, because of age restrictions or something like that, (which just made it even more thrilling). It was mainly about our money fuelled society and how technology is beginning to become more important to some than human relations. One line that has stuck in my head for all these years is, ‘you might have all of the gadgets in the world, but there will never be an app for friendship’.

No comments:

Post a Comment